Saint Arnold One Pot Showdown™
Sunday, January 26, 2014
at Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Teams sign up via this link.
Take one part chili cookoff, one part stew stampede, one part gumbo gauntlet, and ten parts Saint Arnold goodness; heat to a rolling boil, stir occasionally and there you have the One Pot Showdown™.
Teams will compete using their best Saint Arnold beer related recipes.
Proudly benefits Kids' Meals!
1st place: $500 and a super fantastic trophy
2nd place: $200 and a super, but not as fantastic trophy
3rd place: TBA
Best Booth Spirit Award Prize:
Rich awards await you. Trust us.
- Entries must be prepared on site starting no earlier than 9:00AM and must be completed by 1:00 PM
- All entries must contain at least one Saint Arnold beer as an ingredient. We will have some of our beers and root beer on tap for you to use that day, or you can bring an alternative SAINT ARNOLD beer with you for cooking only. You must have prior approval one week in advance if you are bringing in an alternative Saint Arnold beer for cooking. NO OTHER ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON SITE.
- All entries must be submitted to the judges table by 1:30 PM in a container provided by Saint Arnold.
- Teams must prepare enough of their entry to fill 250 2.5 oz sample cups (or roughly 5 gallons).
- Everything must be cooked in one pot. Cooked in one pot means: everything is cooked in one pot. All meat, veggies, and ingredients are cooked in one single pot. Nothing cooked in advance can be considered for judging. No smoked meats, no tamales, no pre-cooked or pre-formed dumplings, no pre-cooked bacon bits, no pre-cooked roux, no canned or boxed stock. It all has to be cooked in that pot on the day of the cook-off in the parking lot in your tent area between the hours of 9am and 1pm. This is a ONE POT Cook off. You can not cook the meat in one pot, caramelize onions in another pot, and then combine them all in a 3rd pot. This is a ONE POT cook off, so everything must be cooked in one pot.
- Ingredients such as garlic and onions can be chopped, diced, minced or pureed in advance, but not cooked in advance. Everything is cooked at the event in one pot. One pot.
- Sides, such as rice, pasta, polenta and crackers, can be used and prepared separately and in advance, but those items will not be considered for judging.
- No desserts.
- No deep frying.
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL ALLOWED (unless for cooking with prior approval see #2).
- Only team members are allowed on premises between 9 AM and 1 PM. Teams are limited to 4 members. Maximum allowed on team is 4 people. No one outside of team members is allowed into the event until 1 PM.
- No electricity provided to teams and no generators are allowed.
Saint Arnold food police will walk around during the cooking times to "police" the above rules. Offending teams will not be considered for judging. It's all about keeping with the "spirit" of the ONE POT Showdown™.
Saint Arnold Brewing Company will provide teams:
- Two souvenir 60 oz pitchers to take home
- 4 coupons redeemable for 4 fillups (240 oz total) of any of our beers that are currently available, to be used for cooking
- 2.5 oz sample cups
- Tasting sporks
- Container to submit entry to the judges
On tap for cooking on day of event: Fancy Lawnmower, Weedwacker, Santo, Amber Ale, Brown Ale, Elissa IPA, Winter Stout, Icon Red and Root Beer.
Team or individual entrant provides:
- All ingredients for cooking
- A table & tent (optional) and any decoration to fill the 10 x 10 space
- Additional Saint Arnold beer for cooking (with prior approval)
- All cooking utensils and pots for food preparation
- Gas cooking source
- Ice and cooler for any food storage
- Any nonalcoholic beverages needed
- Overall taste
- Use and distinction of the Saint Arnold beer in the recipe
Best Booth Spirit Award Rules:
- Decorate your 10x10 space however you like, but it must fit within the 10x10 space.
- Must be cleaned up post event.
- Judging rundown TBA.